Types of Information CollectedThe types of Personal Information we may collect include, among other things (collectively, “Personal Information”): (1) contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address); (2) demographic information (e.g., date of birth, gender, marital status); (3) Internet protocol (or IP) address, protocol and sequence information; browser language; browser type; domain name system requests; browsing history (including time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit); number of clicks; hypertext transfer protocol headers; application client and server banners; and operating system fingerprinting data (collectively, “Browsing Information”); (4) MAC address, device ID/UDID, or similar device-specific code used for advertising/marketing tracking purposes; (5) bank account and credit/debit card numbers; (6) dietary information, favorite orders, and preferences; (7) purchase information regarding our menu items; and (8) your physical location. How Information Is Collected We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- information we receive from you, or on your behalf, through applications, surveys or other forms;
- information we receive from you through the Web Properties, such as when creating an account, placing an order, using our mobile application;
- information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- information we receive from our partners or service providers, such as from LevelUp or parties that administer our online ordering system.
- You can opt out via the Network Advertising Initiative industry opt-out at networkadvertising.org
- You can opt out via the Consumer Choice Page at aboutads.info.
- You can opt out via the IAB UK’s industry opt-out at youronlinechoices.com.
- to enable the features of the Web Properties, including, but not limited to: (a) operating any competitions or promotions in which you may participate; (b) setting up and managing your online account, including but not limited to our processing your requests for information, and/or providing support services to you; (c) providing services to you; and (d) delivering coupons and offers to you;
- to improve the Web Properties by determining which of our products, features and services are most popular. We may analyze your information and usage information to enable us and our affiliates to provide services to you and develop new features, functionality, and services;
- to personalize your experience on the Web Properties; and
- to communicate with you and to inform you about our and third parties’ products and services. When requested by you, we (and/or any of our third party service providers) may send you and keep you updated with information about existing and new services, products, and special offers, by email, telephone, mail or by means of any other contact details you provide to us or our affiliates, or to such third party service providers.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide certain personally identifiable information in connection with obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us (once a calendar year) information about the customer information we shared (if any) with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2014 will receive information regarding 2013 sharing activities, if any).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response.
- CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY. The Web Properties are provided to you as a convenience and for your information only. By merely providing access to the Web Properties, Hale and Hearty does not warrant or represent that: (a) any materials, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided from or on the Web Properties (collectively, the “Content”) is accurate or complete; (b) the Content is up-to-date or current; (c) Hale and Hearty has any obligation to update any Content; (d) the Content is free from technical inaccuracies or programming or typographical errors; (e) the Content is free from changes caused by a third party; (f) your access to the Web Properties will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components; and/or (g) any information obtained in response to questions asked through the Web Properties is accurate or complete.
- WEB PROPERTIES USE AND CONTENT. You may view, copy or print a single copy of any page from the Web Properties for personal, non-commercial purposes if you include the following copyright notice: “Copyright © 2014. Hale and Hearty. All rights reserved.” Hale and Hearty pages and materials may contain other copyright and proprietary rights notices and in no event may you remove, modify, or alter these notices. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, print, display, distribute, publish, or sell any information from the Web Properties without the express, prior, written consent of Hale and Hearty. YOU MAY NOT USE ANY WEB PROPERTY FOR ANY COMMERCIAL USE. Any special rules for the software, audio files, downloads, and other items accessible through the Web Properties may be included elsewhere in the Web Properties and are incorporated into these Terms by reference.
- We may make changes to the Web Properties, the Content, and/or the User Content described in these Terms at any time and without further notice to you. We will make an effort to update this web page with any changes to the services described in these Terms.
- USER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY. To the extent that a user account is created by you to access and use any Web Property (“User Account”), the following shall apply:
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL HALE AND HEARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB PROPERTIES AND/OR ANY CONTENT AND/OR USER CONTENT PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB PROPERTIES OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE WEB PROPERTIES AND/OR ANY CONTENT AND/OR USER CONTENT PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR INTERRUPTION IN ITS USE OR AVAILABILITY. ADDITIONALLY, HALE AND HEARTY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR NEGATIVE REPERCUSSIONS TO ANY PARTY BASED ON THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB PROPERTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS. HALE AND HEARTY SHALL BE LIABLE ONLY TO THE EXTENT OF ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU, NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID TO HALE AND HEARTY FOR GOODS OR SERVICES IN THE PRIOR SIX (6) MONTHS, IF ANYTHING. HALE AND HEARTY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEB PROPERTIES, THE CONTENT AND/OR THE USER CONTENT. REMEDIES UNDER THESE TERMS ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE LIMITED TO THOSE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THESE TERMS. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS THE LIABILITY OF HALE AND HEARTY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. The Content of the Web Properties is intellectual property owned, controlled and/or licensed by Hale and Hearty. All applicable intellectual property laws, including copyright laws, protect Hale and Hearty’s rights in and to the Content. No portion of the Content and/or the User Content may be reproduced in any form or by any means, except as provided in Section 2 (Web Properties Use and Content) and elsewhere in these Terms.
- USER CONTENT. The Web Properties does, or may in the future, permit the submission of various forms of content submitted by you and other users, such as materials, statements, reviews, ratings, opinions, personal accounts, documents, images, graphics, logos, designs, videos, text files, audio files, and comments (collectively, “User Content”) and the hosting, sharing, downloading, publishing and/or republishing of such User Content. HALE AND HEARTY DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY CONFIDENTIALITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY USER CONTENT. TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AND THE PRIVACY OF OTHERS, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY USER CONTENT THAT CONTAINS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (SUCH AS NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL OR MAILING ADDRESS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, ETC.) BELONGING TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. UPLOADING IMAGES OR VIDEO OF OTHER PEOPLE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS. Hale and Hearty owns, protects and enforces copyright and other rights in its own intellectual property, and respects the intellectual property rights of others. Materials may be made available on or through the Web Properties by third parties not within the control of Hale and Hearty. It is our policy not to permit materials known by us to be infringing to remain on or available through the Web Properties. Please notify us promptly if you believe that any materials on or available through the Web Properties infringe on your intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of anyone else. Once we receive proper notice of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), Hale and Hearty will respond promptly to remove the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content at issue. When notifying Hale and Hearty of potential infringement, you must include the following:
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works, then a representative list of such works on the Web Properties;
- identification of the supposedly infringing material that is to be removed;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit Hale and Hearty to locate the material on the Web Properties;
- contact information reasonably sufficient to permit Hale and Hearty to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, or email address;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material is in fact infringing and/or not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and where relevant that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- the signature, physical or electronic, of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on his or her behalf.
- identification of the supposedly infringing material that is to be removed;
- a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your postal address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the party who submitted the infringement notification or his, her, or its principal or agent; and
- the signature, physical or electronic, of you or a person authorized to act on your behalf.
- TERMINATION OF SERVICE. We may terminate your account or right to access secured portions of the Web Properties at any time, without notice, for conduct that we believe violates these Terms and/or is harmful to other users of the Web Properties, to Hale and Hearty, to its partners, to the contributors, to the business of our Internet service provider, or to other information providers. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the Content and/or the User Content pursuant to Section 2 (Web Properties Use and Content) automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content or the User Content.
- ADDITIONAL REMEDIES. You acknowledge that your conduct that is inconsistent with the provisions of these Terms may cause Hale and Hearty irreparable damage for which remedies other than monetary relief may be inadequate. In such instances, you agree that Hale and Hearty may seek injunctive or other equitable relief seeking to restrain such conduct without the necessity of proving actual harm or posting a bond.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. Any software and all underlying information and technology downloaded or viewed from any Web Property or in connection with the services (collectively the “Software or Technical Data”) by you may be subject to U.S. export controls, including the Export Administration Act (50 U.S.C. Appx. §§ 2401 et seq.) and the Export Administration Regulations (50 C.F.R. Parts 730-774), and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You are solely responsible for complying with all trade regulations and laws, both foreign and domestic, in your use and viewing of the Web Properties, the Content, the User Content, and any products or services of Hale and Hearty, including without limitation, the Software or Technical Data. Except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the Software or Technical Data to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls, including without limitation persons or entities listed on the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Export Administration’s Denied Parties List and the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals. You further represent and warrant that no U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked, or denied your export privileges.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. You agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this website shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. You agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state courts in New York County, New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, with respect to such matters.
Hale and Hearty Soups was founded in 1996, with the mission of bringing hearty, high quality, made from scratch comfort food to hungry, busy people.
We started out making all our soup in a small kitchen at the back of our first location at 64th and Lexington – still a Hale and Hearty location almost 20 years and 32 locations later. Over the years, we’ve created hundreds of soups, eventually moving our kettles to Chelsea Market, and then to a spacious kitchen in Brooklyn. It is here that our Executive Chef Bruce Rogers minds the soup today, dedicated to creating more tasty, innovative Hale and Hearty Soups, small batch salad dressings made with fresh herbs and spices, and dreaming up delicious new sandwiches built on locally baked bread.
Community – it’s all about being a part of something. That’s why we take part in activities to benefit the neighborhoods that support our stores. Helping local schools with fundraising efforts, donating our unused food to local food rescue organizations, and giving 10% of the proceeds from our annual Chef Series program to charities that support children, families and individuals in need are just some of the things we do to help out.
Comments? Questions? Don’t hesitate to email us! Send your raves, craves, and requests. We look forward to talking with you!
join the conversation
Get online with us and become part of the conversation! You can stay ahead of the curve with your favorite soups by joining us on Twitter; We tweet our daily specials every day! Facebook and Instagram are filled with plenty of delicious photos for you to daydream about while you’re “checking your work emails”. Go ahead and tag us @haleheartysoups or #haleheartysoups with your lunch photos!